YOUR COMMUNITY PARTNER
Contact Us at: 1-800-780-4808
History of The Citizens Bank
- The Citizens Bank of Morehead, Kentucky was organized September 25, 1928; original organizers being H. Vanantwerp, E. E. Maggard, C. E. Dillon, Squire Hogge and Frank Havens.
- The Citizens Bank was opened for business on Railroad Street, now First Street; across from the old C&O Train Depot.
- In 1939 the bank moved its office to Main Street (across from current Main St location)
- The Main Street office in Morehead was built in 1961.
- May 1979 opened Carroll B. Daugherty Branch in Trademore Shopping Center, Morehead--now called the Kroger Center.
- In 1991 The Citizens Bank expanded our Main Street office building.
- The Alpha M. Hutchinson Banking Center opened in the heart of Morgan County, West Liberty, Kentucky in 2002.
- In 2003, The Citizens Bank entered a new market with the opening of our Farmers Banking Center in Bath County, Owingsville, Kentucky.
- The Citizens Bank, in December of 2006, broadened its scope in the Bath Count market by acquiring two NEW offices; one new office in Owingsville near the Interstate, and another office in downtown Sharpsburg. This expansion gave The Citizens Bank three banking centers in Bath County.
- The bank has had five Presidents during the past seventy-nine years; the first President being Dr. Thomas Asa Edward Evans, second; Carroll Browning Daugherty - 1937; third; Glenn W. Lane - 1960; fourth; Alpha M. Hutchinson - 1970; and our present fifth President, Robert D. Neff, since January, 1989. Mr. Hutchinson retained title of "Chairman of the Board" up until his death in January 2002.
- Currently, Robert D. Neff is our President/CEO and Susan J. Neff is our Chairman of the Board.