Looking out for our customers’ best interests has always been a top priority of The Citizens Bank. The relationships we have with our customers are among our biggest assets, and we take that seriously.
As part of our commitment to you, I wanted to inform you of a sweeping expansion of tax information reporting proposal. The proposal, if enacted, would require banks to report to the IRS detailed information on customer account inflows and outflows. Congress is poised to vote on inclusion of that proposal in the budget reconciliation package soon.
This provision would require all financial institutions to report the inflows and outflows of all personal and business accounts with a balance of $600 or more to the IRS. We would be required to report this information on every account to the IRS. These new reporting requirements will create unnecessary and expensive burdens for banks, and more importantly they raise serious questions about our customers’ right to privacy.
Financial institutions would have no option and would be forced to supply your private information.
I invite you to make your voice heard by contacting our representatives. We have provided their published numbers below. You can also go to their websites and directly email them. The Citizens Bank values our relationship, and your privacy is a top priority. Thank you for entrusting us with your finances.
Robert Neff, President/CEO
The Citizens Bank
Click "Please Go Here" to find a pre-draft message to the Kentucky Delegation. Feel free to make as many changes as you like to in your letter.
Please Go Here
• Senator Mitch McConnell 317 Russell Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 202 224-2541
• Senator Rand Paul 167 Russell Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 202 224-4343
• Congressman James Comer KY 1st District 2410 Rayburn HOB Washington, DC 20515 202 225-3115
• Congressman Brett Guthrie KY 2nd District 2434 Rayburn HOB Washington, DC 20515 202 225-3501
• Congressman John Yarmuth KY 3rd District 131 Cannon HOB Washington, DC 20515 202-225-5401
• Congressman Thomas Massie KY 4th District 2453 Rayburn HOB Washington, DC 20515 202 225-3465
• Congressman Hal Rogers KY 5th District 2406 Rayburn HOB Washington, DC 20515 202-225-4601
• Congressman Andy Barr KY 6th District 1427 Longworth HOB Washington, DC 20515 202-225-4706